A. Assignment Guidelines
DIRECTIONS: Write a composition (at least 100 words) in Spanish that incorporates each of the following:
- Use a form of salutation (start with “hello” in your favorite form in Spanish).
- Introduce yourself (give your name).
- State how you feel using the verb estar plus an adjective or two.
- State where you’re from (include your city and country of origin and/or the corresponding adjective).
- For example, Soy de España or Soy española.
- State your birthday. Be sure to spell it out in Spanish (instead of using digits). You will state the month and date only.
- Describe yourself using ser plus appropriate adjectives. Describe both your physical appearance and your personality.
- For example, Soy morena, delgada y baja. Soy simpática y tímida.
- Say which activities you do in a typical week. Include as many as possible using the present tense of -ar, -er, and -ir verbs that you know.
- For example, Normalmente, yo paseo a mi perro todos los días por la mañana y por la noche.
- Describe a friend of yours covering all of the topics above. This time, you will use the third person singular form. See below for how to introduce your friend. Then, state where your friend is from, state their birthday, describe them (physical appearance and personality), and state which activities your friend does in a typical week. You will use the third person singular form of each verb in this part of your composition.
- How to begin: Mi amigo David es de Caracas, Venezuela or Mi amiga Julia es de San José, Costa Rica.
- End with your favorite form of “goodbye.”