Case Study: Blackberry Hill Farm
Read the case study and answer the following questions. Provide an introduction, a conclusion, and refrences.
- Capacity management in both services and manufacturing in a seasonal business
- Quality – service trade-offs
- Inventory – availability trade-offs
- Marketing/operations interaction
- Strategy in small businesses.
1. How do the overall objectives of the business impact on the capacity management of the
various parts of the farm?
2. How important is demand variation to this business as a whole and to each of its separate
3. How could the farm as a whole and each of its separate attractions cope with demand
4. What are the strengths and weaknesses of the proposed new ventures (Schoolroom vs. Maize
maze)? What advice would you give Jim and Mandy regarding this year’s new venture?
Use APA format.
Provide a cover page.