Using the readings for this module, the school’s online library resources, and the Internet, prepare an informational brochure on nuclear medicine. Pretend your educational brochure will be like those that patients read in a doctor’s office.
- Pick from one of these nuclear medicine areas:
- Positron Emission Tomography (PET) scans
- Gallium scans
- Indium white blood cell scans
- Iobenguane scans (MIBG)
- Octreotide scans
- Hybrid scanning techniques employing X-ray computed tomography (CT) or magnetic resonance imaging (MRI)
- Nuclear medicine therapy using radiopharmaceuticals
Make it attractive with pictures! Provide a minimum of three scholarly references to support what you state in your brochure.