I will be needing a four page paper on Macroeconomic Analysis: Unemployment and Inflation.
A high unemployment rate in any economy is a symptom of dysfunctionality in the economy. People need income to be able to consume, and consumption leads to production and production leads to a higher demand for labor (employment), so unemployment is a crucial macroeconomic issue that confronts all modern economies. A lower unemployment rate, however, is not the end of the problem. The type of employment and the price of labor (wages) must be sufficient in order for consumption (which is the major component of GDP) in the economy to be healthy. If wages are low or if the prices in the economy are high, consumption would be low and thus, production and demand for labor would be low, too. High unemployment rate, high part-time employment rate for economic reasons, low wages, and high inflation could have negative effects on economic growth.
In this assignment, you need to identify only two specific issues related to unemployment. You will study their past trends, provide an overview of their current status, and provide solutions to overcome them. You will use data, articles, experts’ opinions, and government reports to draw a clear picture of the current unemployment issues.
Some areas you might consider are the following (based on gender, education, race, age):
· Unemployment rates among young college graduates
· Unemployment rates for women
· Unemployment rates for men
· Unemployment rates among African Americans
· Unemployment rates among Hispanics
· Unemployment rates among Whites
· Unemployment rates among Asians
· Unemployment rate among workers with high school diploma
· Unemployment rate among workers with less than a high school diploma
· Unemployment rate in the medical industry
· Unemployment rate in the high-tech industry
Your research needs to be structured with consistent and clear thoughts. It also needs to be supported by actual data. Your results need to be based on solid facts. Your conclusion and recommended solution need to be thorough and based on your findings and understanding of macroeconomic challenges and macroeconomic policies.
Document attached below