Unit outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
- Analyze the computer components and technologies being used to support the development of healthcare and management of health data and information.
- Develop a working knowledge of the emerging technologies that support the creation and maintenance of electronic health record (EHR) systems.
- Prepare for assuming a leadership role in the development of improved healthcare information systems.
- Explain the purpose of the systems development life cycle.
Course outcomes addressed in this Assignment:
Describe the phases and activities in the systems development life cycle.
You learned about fundamentals of the electronic information system. One way to learn something is to teach that concept to someone else. For this Assignment, you will design and construct a Microsoft PowerPoint® presentation that highlights the technologies found in your healthcare facility. Your presentation will be used to train new HIT students coming into your facility. Please include the following topics in your presentation:
- Types of Information Systems
- Decision Support Systems
- Phases of the System Development Life Cycle
- Cloud Computing
- Types of Software
- Network Architecture
Please dedicate at least two slides to each topic. Your presentation must have at least 15–20 slides. Please use the notes section to clarify anything that might be confusing and anything that needs elaboration such as definitions.
This Assignment should follow the conventions of Standard American English (correct grammar, punctuation, etc.). Your writing should be well ordered, logical, and unified, as well as original and insightful. The resources used (including your text) should be properly cited. Your work should display superior content, organization, style, and mechanics.
Please be sure to visit APA Central to assist you with meeting APA expectations for written Assignments.