Due Week 4 and worth 150 points
Often conflicts start in the workplace because of the perception by employees that their supervisor is not treating them fairly or is showing favoritism to another employee. How the employee or supervisor handles this perception will determine how the dispute is resolved. Consider this scenario as you complete this assignment.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Propose ways that the negotiation process could alleviate or mitigate conflict in the workplace.
- Determine the advantages and disadvantages of a one-on-one approach in resolving the conflict from the scenario.
- Create a scenario where the type of conflict you created would need to go to mediation. Determine the advantages and disadvantages of a mediation approach.
- Examine three (3) to five (5) issues that litigation causes for both parties. Recommend a strategy, including advance preparation, for resolving the dispute.
- Use at least two (2) quality academic resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and other Websites do not qualify as academic resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.