ETH 376 Week 3 Legality and Ethicality of Financial Reporting
Resource: Ethics Case 7-4: Excello Telecommunications in Ch. 7 of Ethical Obligations and Decision Making in Accounting
Write a 1,200- to 1,500-word paper explaining the legal aspects, financial standards involved, and ethicality of the Excello Telecommunications case. Your paper should include the following:
• Identify the legal issues involved—consider state and federal laws—and explain how they apply to the case.
• Determine the criteria by which Sarbanes-Oxley would apply to this case.
• Identify the specific financial reporting standards involved and explain how those standards were violated.
• Evaluate the financial reporting activity in terms of the AICPA Code of Professional Conduct.
• Determine the ethicality of the events within the case.
o Select the best alternative offered by the team. Defend your decision in terms of its legality, ethicality, and alignment with accounting standards.
Format your paper consistent with APA guidelines.