complete the following step-by-step process:
1. Watch the presentation entitled “Earth Science Research: Types and Assumptions”.
2. Choose a current earth science research article from 1 of the following 3 websites. (Do NOT choose 1 article from each link.)
3. Read the article and write a thread that follows the following outline.
- State the article title, web address (url), and author(s).
- Summarize the article’s research method, and findings.
- Categorize the research as one of the following science types:
- Mostly historical science
- Mostly experimental science
- Mostly predictive science
- Some combination of 2 or all 3 above
Explain why you categorized it as one of the above.
- Identify any assumptions (unproven statements) in the article and offer your opinion on the validity of those assumptions. Examples would include: old-Earth ages or timelines, rates of geologic processes, evolution, generalizations that are unsupported, etc. If there are no assumptions, describe any implications from the research that may have been ignored or left out.
- Be sure to choose an earth science article (geology, oceanography, or meteorology). There are links that take you to other topics. Do not choose biology, life science, health science or human behavior topics.
- If choosing an article from Geology.com, do not choose any articles by Hobart King. (These are educational and are not based on current research)
- If you cannot address all or most of the items mentioned above, choose another article.
- Use the dialogue box to paste your content or write your content.
- Do not use bullets, numbering or outlines. Construct a well-written thread in narrative format.