Wynn Regional Medical Center (WRMC) is the premier hospital in your area. The hospital has been in your city for over 100 years. Over the past decade, the hospital has been losing money for various reasons, though primarily due to uncompensated care. You were recently hired as the Vice President for Human Resources at WRMC, and part of your responsibilities include presenting historical information to participants of the new employee orientation.
Create a PowerPoint presentation detailing the changing nature of the healthcare workforce. The presentation should contain speaker notes for each slide The presentation should address the following topics and questions:
- Historical information on the changing healthcare workforce
- How have legislation and policies changed in the past decade?
- How have patient demographics changed in the past decade (baby boomers, generation X, millennials, ethnicities)?
- How have patient centric approaches changed in the past decade (use of the Internet and social media to gather health information)?
- Challenges associated with the changing healthcare workforce
- What are some of the challenges associated with the policy and legislative changes?
- What are some challenges associated with demographic changes?
- What are some of the challenges associated with patients “researching” their own health instead of going to the doctor?
- Current state of healthcare
- What have been some of the improvements to the healthcare system over the last decade?
please make sure you are doing the following for your Deliverable ONE:
- Make sure when you are researching for deliverable ONE, you are focusing on the PAST DECADE (2012-2022). I know I mention ACA, HIPAA, and HITECH in my live sessions. These are all policies /legislation that have been in place before 2010. You can certainly discuss these historic policies and legislation, HOWEVER, you MUST make sure that you are sharing any changes to these policies within the last decade. Ex: Research changes/improvements to these policies and state the dates they were changed, which reflects the past decade.
- Make sure when sharing the “Current State of Healthcare”, you are sharing “current” information… focus on the last year.
- We chatted about these areas of healthcare in our Live Classroom today which may guide you in your research:
Lower mortality rates
The role of the Nurse Practitioner
Opioid epidemic (good and bad… good by holding pharmaceutical companies accountable for their part and implementing systemwide opioid reduction initiatives)
Affordable Care Act (any changes in the last year?)
- One more item. The call brought up a question regarding where to put your in-text citations on your PPT slides. Dr. Ide is good with having the sources on the lower right-hand corner of the slide. You also want to make sure you are putting in-text citations in your notes as you would in a word document. Don’t forget your Resources slide too.