Current Events and Trend Reports: CBI & the Musk Neuralink
Elon Musk cofounded Neuralink in 2016. He noted his goal is to create a chip that could enable a “brain-computer interface.” On Tuesday 9th, Musk and various senior staffers at Neuralink presented the company’s ambition to design a chip capable of being implanted in the human brain that could receive and transmit signals to the organ. According to Musk, the company has already had some success — with monkeys. Here is what we know thus far:
- Elon Musk’s neurotechnology company, Neuralink, has pulled back the veil on its ambitions to implant chips in people’s brains.
- During a Q&A session at a live presentation on Tuesday, Musk surprised his Neuralink colleagues by announcing that the firm had tested its technology on monkeys with some success.
- Musk said “a monkey has been able to control a computer with its brain,” though he did not elaborate further on what this involved.
- Neuralink’s president, Max Hodak, said that he wished the company didn’t have to experiment on animals but that it’s a necessary “step in the process.”
Research Internet and reputable information sources to examine the impact of this current event. Summarize your findings and write at least a one-page word document. In your report you will also need to address and respond to the following questions:
- From your point do you think CBI is a natural evolution in our Digital Transformation? Why or why not?
- Examine and evaluate the social impact in terms of human behavior and interactions with such technology? Try to list the pros and cons and note the winners and losers
- Knowing that every technology will lead to the creation of more technology, what would envision as the most likely next technology that will come as a result of using Neuralink?
PS; please see attached picture for screenshot